Jade Meskill, Clayton Lengel-Zigich, Roy van de Water, Drew LeSueur and Chris Coneybeer talk about leadership and how you might identify leaders within your team.
- A leader bring the people around him/her
- Teams can have multiple leaders
- Leadership is based on trust
- People will step up to fill a leadership vacuum
- What is the value in identifying the leader?
- Having trust/respect makes it easier to lead
- Improving the team can be to the short-term detriment of the leader
- The more self organizing a team is, the less important the leader is.
- Leaders are willing to take responsibility for the team